Unless managed correctly, diagnostic radiology can be a money-losing proposition for large group practices, hospitals and even imaging centers. Smart managers know that coding the right way and with the right resources can mean the difference between razor-thin margins and a decent return on investment. With Aviacode as your diagnostic radiology coding partner, you’ll have fast turnarounds, quality work and accurate coding, all without the burden of coding in-house.
Diagnostic radiology coding may be simple, but making a profit isn’t.
Low insurance reimbursement, high overhead for salaries and equipment, plus inefficient coding makes it difficult for providers to make money on diagnostic radiology.
But coding for diagnostic radiology is relatively straightforward. Why not hire an in-house coder to take care of it?
Savvy health care providers are looking to outsource. Hiring radiology coders can be a zero-sum game, at best. When you consider the total costs of hiring a coder—the salary, benefits, office space, office equipment, and coding references, plus the inevitable employee down time—outsourced radiology coding is the obvious choice.
Aviacode is the smart choice for diagnostic radiology coding.
If you’re ready to find a diagnostic radiology coding partner, there are many reasons to make Aviacode your first choice:
- We have a proprietary remote coding system—ProCoder™, a flexible remote coding platform that helps you see consistent, reliable and predictable coding results.
- We employ experienced diagnostic radiology coders whom we constantly challenge to code at a high degree of productivity and compliance. We pay our coders by the record and ensure they meet high quality standards.
- We help improve clinical documentation by alerting practice managers and doctors of specific ways their documentation practices can be corrected to improve reimbursement and compliance.
- We avoid common diagnostic radiology coding errors, including errors in medical necessity, unbundling and Local Coverage Determinations (LCD) changes:
- Medical necessity: Aviacode’s diagnostic radiology coders keep a close eye on whether client documentation supports a particular payer’s medical necessity requirements.
- Unbundling: Aviacode’s experienced radiology coders know when to bundle diagnostic radiology procedure codes.
- LCD: If your organization has practices or facilities that span multiple regions, you need a coding provider such as Aviacode who keeps up with the latest LCD changes.
- We provide quality, consistent results. Aviacode’s coding auditors, ProCoder coding references and in-house coding experts help ensure the coding we provide you is consistently excellent.
Aviacode has been a pioneer in remote coding since 1999. Trust Aviacode for your diagnostic radiology coding.