Interventional radiology (IR) procedures require intricate, careful actions to be successful. The same is true for interventional radiology coding. Trust Aviacode to for accurate IR and optimal IR reimbursement.
Interventional radiology can be good for your bottom line, if your coding is done right.
In interventional radiology, no two cases are alike. That’s because no two bodies are alike, and because IR deals with multiple body systems from head to toe. Coding a case with so many variables is often tricky. It’s not rare to have more than 30 codes assigned to a single interventional procedure, and there are more than 400 codes from which to choose. Because of this complexity, reimbursement potential for interventional radiology is high. You shouldn’t trust your IR coding to just anyone.
Many health care providers are outsourcing their interventional radiology coding. Finding experienced IR coders is crucial to ensuring accurate reimbursement. When you outsource IR coding to Aviacode, coding specialists who know the ins and outs of interventional radiology will handle your IR cases. Plus, they use proprietary coding technology that helps ensure completeness and accuracy.
While interventional radiology is complex, finding an IR coding partner is not.
If you’re ready to find an interventional radiology coding partner, there are reasons to make Aviacode your first choice:
- We have a proprietary remote coding system—ProCoder™, a flexible remote coding platform that helps you see consistent, reliable and predictable coding results.
- We employ experienced interventional radiology coders whom we constantly challenge to code at a high degree of productivity and compliance. We pay our coders by the record and make sure they meet high quality standards.
- We help improve clinical documentation by alerting practice managers and doctors of specific ways their documentation practices can be corrected to improve reimbursement and compliance.
- We avoid common interventional radiology coding errors, including errors due to medical necessity, unbundling and documentation complexity:
- Medical necessity: Errors in IR documentation and coding can result in denials due to medical necessity.
- Unbundling: Aviacode’s experienced coders know when to bundle or unbundle IR procedures.
- Documentation complexity: With many IR codes, documentation needs to be highly specific to avoid denials. Rules and edits provided in our ProCoder system help us avoid these and other common mistakes.
- We provide quality, consistent results. Aviacode’s coding auditors, ProCoder coding references and in-house coding experts help ensure the coding we provide you is consistently excellent.
Aviacode has been a pioneer in remote coding since 1999. Trust Aviacode for your interventional radiology coding.