Surgeons, surgery centers and hospitals cannot afford to leave money on the table from procedures with potential for high reimbursement. Accurate, comprehensive medical coding is essential for accurate right payment. But getting accurate results is easier said than done.
Turn to Aviacode. We employ seasoned surgical specialty coders, including specialists in orthopedic surgery coding, neurosurgery coding, general surgery coding, cardiology, cardiovascular surgery and ambulatory surgery center coding.
Surgical specialty coders need the knowledge of a clinician and the vision of an executive.
Surgical specialty coders need a deep understanding of anatomy, of the procedure(s) performed and of the specific terminology involved. They need to know the intricacies of surgical specialty coding, including when to look for minor procedures that may bring additional reimbursement, and for opportunities to use a modifier when circumstances make the surgery more complex than usual.
Hiring an in-house coder may be tempting, but coders who have seen everything related to surgery specialties are in high demand and short supply.
More providers are outsourcing their surgical specialty coding to companies like Aviacode, giving you have instant access to surgical coding experts.
Aviacode is the smartest choice for surgical
If you’re ready to work with a surgical specialty coding partner, there are many reasons to make Aviacode your first choice:
- We have a proprietary remote coding system—ProCoder™, a flexible remote coding platform that helps you see consistent, reliable and predictable coding results.
- We employ experienced surgical specialty coders who specialize in orthopedic surgery coding, neurosurgery coding, general surgery coding, cardiology, cardiovascular surgery and ambulatory surgery center coding.
- We help improve clinical documentation by alerting practice managers and doctors of specific ways their documentation practices can be corrected to improve reimbursement and compliance.
- We avoid common surgical specialty coding errors. , including errors in complications and co-morbidities, medical necessity, unbundling and inaccuracies due to complex rules:
- Complications and co-morbidities: Our facility coders are constantly on the lookout for complications and co-morbidities in surgery specialties since they have a direct effect on DRG assignment and reimbursement.
- Medical necessity: Surgical specialty diagnoses need a high degree of specificity and must be applied in appropriate order.
- Unbundling: Quarterly updated National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits help our coders know when to apply modifier 59, which allows bundling of procedures and services normally separate.
- Inaccuracies due to complex rules: Aviacode coders are up-to-date on specific rules for each specialty.
- We provide quality, consistent results. Aviacode’s coding auditors, ProCoder coding references and in-house coding experts help ensure the coding we provide you is consistently excellent.
Aviacode has been a pioneer in remote coding since 1999. Trust Aviacode for your surgical specialty coding.